08 10 / 2012
“There is a Moses in every generation” is a common expression in ultra-Orthodox Jewish thought and teachings.
Its origins can be traced back to Bereshit Rabbah 56:7: “There is no generation that does not have within it one like Moses.” Also cited is Tikkunei Zohar 114a “There is an offshoot [i.e. spiritual equivalent] of Moses in every single generation and in every tzaddik [righteous man].”
So, Moses. You’re an eternal, wise leader who is omnipresent, but in many forms throughout the generations.
Moses dies, but regenerates in every single generation. He continues his mission, but in a new form… You know who else does that?
That’s right. The Doctor.
Isn’t a yeshiva education wonderful? I get to waste time making Dr Who blog posts, but making them academic, too!
- budgiebazooka likes this
- ashleyhuge reblogged this from byepluto
- k3ndal likes this
- zavatchalavudvash likes this
- palealien reblogged this from ludmirermoyd
- erasenashandthespecificgaylovin likes this
- jennthem said: I support this.
- jewishatheist likes this
- waaaaaaaaaaaytoomuch likes this
- palealien likes this
- ludmirermoyd reblogged this from byepluto and added:
- ludmirermoyd likes this
- byepluto posted this